Monday 13 April 2015

Sophie's Garden Mandala Cushion - Voilà!

Many months ago I showed you the completed Sophie's Garden Mandala in Drops Paris, the yarn was a leaving present from my friends in Yorkshire, but until now the finished piece has been sat in my WIP basket waiting for a back to be put on. I wanted something very simple as the front is exceptionally busy so stuck with basic rows of trebles in cobalt blue and added buttons for a splash of colour & I am happy to say "Voilà!".

From wonderfully intricate ...


... to relaxingly simple!


2 comments:

  1. I love how the design side tackles you with so much interlacing patterns and stimulating color! It looks very intricately made too, especially the corners and sides with those half flowers and curves. And the back, whoa! Blue is just the right color, as it is very relaxing. Nice touch on the buttons arranged in waves. This is a simple but complex pillow cover, it’s very fun to look at.

    Melissa Robinson @ PillowPerfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melissa. I'll be honest, I really hated it when I was making it but now it's my pride & joy. The project continued into a blanket but personally I didn't like the way it progressed so I stopped at this point. Thank you for stopping by, I'll be finishing lots of projects in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete