Sunday 26 April 2015

Small Pleasures

At the moment I am a quarter of the way through the Jane Crowfoot & Stylecraft Lily Pad Blanket crochet along (CAL), and although I love a big project, I just can't resist filling my time with small and simple things. In the last few weeks I have been stash busting and have pretty much depleted my stock of acrylic DK and Drops Paris, the good news is that I have discovered a stash of forgotten chunky yarn so I will be crocheting lots of warm & cosy head bands for my November / December craft stalls at the Unst Farmers Market.

The first project that I tackled was a string of long promised bunting for my lovely picture window. I wanted to make Attic24 bunting but the pattern only came as a part of a yarn pack and I wanted mine in Drops Paris to match my cushion & wreath, so I did my best to replicate it from a photograph, and to be honest I think it is a pretty close copy.


My mind then strayed onto what I might do with the 2 balls each of Paris cream & petrol, which I hadn't used in any of my projects, so I decided to try some African flower hexagons from Heidi Bears, which then developed into a plan to make a duffel bag. The problem here is that I'm not going to have yarn to finish it so will have to order more - oh dear, what a pity! I have completed 2 of them & the other 2 just need edging. Only about another 9 to go & then I'll decide what to do about top and handle.


And then there was last night & today's project. Some how, and I have no idea how, I am becoming a parent again, this time to a beautiful little ginger kitten who we are calling Mack. He is only a week old but I couldn't resist making him a yarn scrap welcome blanket, my thinking was everyone else in the house has a crocheted blanket so why shouldn't he? He is also getting a crochet Christmas stocking because we all have one of those too.


No comments:

Post a Comment