Monday 6 April 2015

Granny Square Minions Cushion

Hello again folks, it's been a while since my last post but that's entirely good news because I have got my crochet mojo back and so have been spending my time working on my Spring Wreath (which I hope to finish in the next day or two), an Easter Bunny garland and a special surprise for my Peerie Man - a Minions cushion!

A while ago I saw a Minions granny square posted by Sarah at Repeat Crafter Me and dallied with the idea of modifying it to make individual characters so this week I got out my scrap stash & got to work. I had great fun adding hair, skirts, hats & tongues but the Minion that had our sides splitting was the naked, bare bottomed Minion that I added to the back!

I would love say that I have pattern adjustments available for them all but unfortunately I just  made them up as I went along, but I am sure you could easily do the same.


I have photographed it un-stuffed so that all the squares are nice and visible, above is the front and below is the back side ..... quite literally!


And best of all, the whole thing didn't cost me a penny. The yarn is left over from a couple of afghan projects, I bought a bulk tub of buttons a couple of years ago (I cursed the amount of small black buttons in it at the time) and the cushion pad is from a scatter cushion that I bought and replaced the poly pad with a feather one, I just cut it down in size. 

So here it is now, stuffed an in it's new home on Peerie Man's bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment