Tuesday 20 January 2015

Here's One I Made Earlier

Some of my favourite crochet projects have been made as presents and I nearly always forget to photograph them. As I am doing a crochet presentation at the SWRI meeting this evening I asked Mum to send a photo of one of the first pieces that I made for her.


I had often heard Mum talk about a pansy dressing table set that Great Grandma Martha Jemima used to have so as a special surprise I ordered the pattern from France on Ebay & matched the colours to the original. It was one of my first ever crochet projects and was done on an extremely small hook with fine slippery thread, I think it took about 40 hours to finish but it was well worth the effort. The doily is in need of blocking but as she keeps it safely in a drawer, I haven't yet seen the point.


No comments:

Post a Comment