Friday 26 September 2014

A Little Thing, A Pretty Thing ....

When I was peerie my Grandma often used to ask me to solve the riddle "A little thing, a pretty thing, a thing without a bottom in, what am I?" and the answer was always a gleeful "A ring!!".
 
On Tuesday I attended my first SWRI meeting and the competition was 'Prettiest Tea Light Holder'. With only a couple of hours to go before the meeting I took out some of my new Drops Paris Cotton, a ball of Twilly's Twenty, a string of Swarovski crystal beads and a glass that I bought in a charity shop in Lerwick and got crafting. The result was a pretty, little thing, without a bottom in. I didn't win a prize at the meeting but I have the best prize of all, a little bit of homemade happiness for the dark & windy nights.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment