Wednesday 18 June 2014

Aran to Orkney to Shetland

Sometimes there are things that hold us back and I felt this Aran sweater was one of those things.

I started it in late 2002 in Yorkshire but put it on hold when I moved to Orkney in 2003 while I renovated a cott (cream aran yarn & building dust DO NOT mix). It was still in the same bag when I left and over the next 11 years I occasionally took it out & did an odd few rows on the sleeve but having 2 babies it never got finished. When I decided I was coming to Shetland house hunting I was determined to finish it as I felt I wouldn't be able to move on until I had - and finish it I did, half a sleeve & the front in about 2 weeks! I wore it during my week in Shetland & went home with an accepted offer on the new house.

Please forgive the photography, my 6 year old daughter took it for me.

2 comments: