Monday 12 January 2015

It's All Good Fun!

If you've been following the weather forecasts, or indeed even opening your front doors, you won't have been able to miss the 'severe weather pod' that we have been experiencing these last few days. I just love these stormy days, it's the one thing that makes me feel truly alive and is probably the reason I have twice chosen to live on remote wind torn islands but there is something else that I love about these places - power cuts!

It might seem a strange concept but for many years I have suspected that I have a hypersensitivity to electricity, not that it makes me particularly ill but I often feel niggly and my scalp tingles a lot. I have noticed that during power cuts these symptoms disappear and I feel a rare and complete calmness - odd isn't it? So last night when we lost power we cooked beans on a camping stove and I toasted bread in front of the fire and after getting the bairns to bed I snuggled down on the sofa, by candlelight and the glow from the stove and was totally chilled out.

 

If you would like to track our weather go to www.weatherhq.co.uk/weather-station/baltasound

No comments:

Post a Comment