Friday 21 November 2014

Drops Everything ...

I have been dying to post a picture of the finished Sophie's Garden Mandala but have not had good enough indoor light to do so but this morning the sun lit up the living room and so I snapped a couple of photos for you.



I wanted the back to be in a single colour so have ordered up 8 more 50g balls of Drops Paris in Strong Blue & a pack of Attic24 buttons to complete it.

Also on the go this week is a Christmas wreath. Rather than make this last year and try to bring it to Shetland undamaged, I decided to bring the materials up instead. The pattern called for Wash & Filz-It but I have used Drops Eskimo instead, it has the same yardage and is 100% wool suitable for felting, it's also quite a bit cheaper.

 
The pieces are ready for felting, which can be done in a 40 degree machine wash, but I'm going to give it a go by hand as I want to use dish washing liquid. They will then be attached to a 30cm wicker wreath. The pattern has a crocheted bow on it but I felt that looked a little 'old-fashioned' so I will use ribbon or chiffon on mine, I'm not decided yet. I bought the pattern on Ebay and it is still available.

I want to stress that I do not receive incentives from Drops to promote their yarns, I just like to give credit where it is due and Drops do produce quality, competitively priced yarns. In the same vein I order most of my yarn from Wool Warehouse (www.woolwarehouse.co.uk), they deliver very quickly (I have no idea how they get it to Unst so fast), don't charge extra P&P for off mainland and give free delivery on overs over £25.

I have lots of other things in the pipeline and just can't wait to show them all to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment