Monday 27 October 2014

A Very Busy October!

When I realised that I hadn't posted since the end of September, I was astonished at how fast October had passed, and it has not passed lazily either. An impending parental visit had us rushing to decorate the bairns rooms and the living room meaning that when they arrived on the 12th we were already thoroughly exhausted. During most of their two week stay we were blessed with fine weather so we trekked up to Hermaness and the Keen of Hamar, walked over Saxa Vord looking for bonxies, and played on the beaches at Norwick and Skaw. The little ones legs were worn to stumps and the mere mention of a gentle walk produced terrified peerie faces and greeting!
 
It's a miracle then that during their stay I managed to complete a crocheted cushion for Mum's birthday. It was another Attic24 Blooming Flower Cushion, which she had coveted since I made 'Ethel's', but I worked it in Sirdar Funky Fur, James Brett's Aria (with tiny sequins) and a basic white acrylic DK. The result was beautifully textured delicate looking piece that puts me in mind of angels wings and wouldn't look out of place in a bridal suite.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment